The National Board of Directors has chosen the following core values to serve as guideposts for Chapters in fulfilling its mission and achieving its vision.
WE ARE HEALTH CONSUMER AND HEALTH PROVIDER ORIENTED.
- Our decisions and actions are responsive to the health serves needs of consumers who are of African heritage.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE.
- Life long learning and continuous improvement of health services are essential to our success.
WE AIM TO ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF ETHICAL BEHAVIOR.
- We value our personal commitment to professionalism, integrity, and dignity.
- We strive to govern our decisions by objectivity and fairness to all persons involved.
- We keep our commitments.
LEADERSHIP, EMPOWERMENT, AND ACCOUNTABILITY ARE ESSENTIAL
- Persons who hold leadership positions throughout the organization trust and support members to make informed decisions.
- All members aim to respect and support persons who hold national and local leadership positions.
- We aim to maximize the potential of members and consumers of health services.
- Our actions are result oriented.
CBN-LA, a chapter of NBNA is a non-profit tax-exempt, non-discriminatory professional organization incorporated in 1968 in the state of California .