WHAT ARE SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE COUNCIL?
- Recruit and retain black students in various nursing programs.
- Acting as a liaison with related organizations.
- Mentoring of multicultural nursing students in various programs.
- Providing scholarships and loans for black nursing students.
- Developing proposals to secure funding for investigating ways of improving health care for ethnic people of color.
- Developing programs to influence nurse legislation regarding nursing service and nursing education.
- Providing direct health services to people in the black community, e.g., hypertension screening, first aid service during community activities, immunization programs participate in walk-a-thons, Breast Cancer Programs, The Diabetes Foundation, and others.
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter to inform members and other interested persons of the Council’s activities.